Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chicken Salad Salad


SIMPLY AMAZING! A local delivery lunch service serves this salad and I kinda underhandedly stole the recipe...well, kinda. Here it goes, I don't have amounts...so, did it solely to taste.


Thaw out a package frozen spinach, squeeze out excess water

Boil white chicken meat till cooked, let cool, and break up into pieces, chop chicken and spinach in chopper to pretty small pieces (I had to do this step like 4 times because if you put too much in the chopper at once, it doesn't move the food around and chop it all). Put in a bowl. Chop onion as fine as you can chop it and I used a generous amount of onion (I chop in a chopper that makes it mushy since I don't like to bite into onion pieces), add chopped onion to your chopped chicken/spinach. Then, add in mayo, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well. Add in dried cranberries and mix well. Salad is done...let set for an hour or more in refrigerator so that flavors can mix. Serve on croissant or better yet, on a bed of greens! Garnish greens with grape tomatoes, a can of mandarin oranges, and roasted pecans (Erica's idea...thanks Erica!). Enjoy Enjoy!!


























1 comment:

Erica said...

Can't wait to try it! It looks amazing. I'm sure it tastes amazing as well. Thanks for the recipe!